After liberation by the British Indian forces, the Chamber was re-registered. A new Constitution was approved with 114 members. Mr. Bhagwan Singh was elected President followed by Mr. A.A. Abdullah, Mr. Gurbaksh Singh Sambhi as Hon. Secretary. Then the Chamber was located at 49, Batu Road in Kuala Lumpur. Then Mr. S.O.K. Ubaidulla (now Datuk Tan Sri) was nominated by the Chamber to the Federal Legislative Council in 1949. In 1950 the Associated Indian Chambers of Commerce was born.
On 31st October 1954, it was resolved to purchase a site along Batu Road (now renamed Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman) for $35,000.00 and erect a building for $90,000.00. Money for this purpose was raised by issuing debentures to all members of the Chamber. Messrs. Ajit Singh, V.A. Mohamed Hussain, K.M. Kamaluddin, Prabhulal Doshi, V.P. Peer Mohamed and Utumal were authorised to erect a charge on the sire in favour of the Indian Bank Ltd. And a loan of $50,000.00 was obtained to preceed with the construction of the building.
A sub-committee was appointed on 14th June 1958 comprising the late Mr. Dyalchand, Mr. Prabhulal Doshi, Mr. J.M. Patel and Mr. S.O.K. Ubaidulla to organise the collection of funds for the proposed Chamber building. Mr. Dyalchand played a prominent role in the collection of funds and initially a sum of $5,421.00 was raised from our own members as an interest-free loan.
The Chamber building was completed in 1959 at a cost of $123,667.00 with four storeys in the central and busy main thoroughfare of Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Mention must be made of the major role played by the late Messrs. Datuk Ajit Singh and Mr. Dyalchand who sacrificed their valuable time along with other committee members, supervising the completion of the building.